Emt Training Programs In The Orlando Area

LoneRider

Stay away from FMTI. At all costs.

As for Fire Academy training, you can NOT beat the education you will get at the state fire college, or at Central Florida Fire Academy.

Central Florida Fire Academy sounds like a good program and in the area I want to train and work in too. Question? After I get my EMT-B certification do I go to FF I and II or the Paramedic course next?

Question? After I get my EMT-B certification do I go to FF I and II or the Paramedic course next?

Ideally, you should NOT break up the medical education process. If you take EMT, then months and months of fire training, you're going to be clueless when you get to paramedic school. The best plan would be to take the fire training first, get it out of the way, then go to EMT school and directly to paramedic school. Many of the physical concepts (hydraulics, thermodynamics, structural integrity, etc...) that you learn in the fire school can be helpful to you in paramedic school. Of course, you can't do it that way because EMT is required for fire training (I believe. Correct me if I am wrong). Another serious sign that the fire service is clueless about what makes good EMS.

Consequently, your options are limited to either:

EMT > fire > medic

EMT > medic > fire

The latter would be the most preferable option for several reasons. First off, it maximizes your medical training process by getting you straight through with no time to go stale on your EMT knowledge. There is no better way to go with that. Plus, it also gives you a certification that you can immediately get a job with, unlike fire certs. That way, you can start making money right away, getting valuable experience, while working on fire certs. Fire certs are not a sure thing for an immediate job. There are a lot more applicants than jobs at most departments, so you could be waiting for awhile. Get the medical education first, and get a quality one. Then you'll be employable and be a much better medic when the FD finally hires you.

Good luck and OOOORAH!

Ideally, you should NOT break up the medical education process. If you take EMT, then months and months of fire training, you're going to be clueless when you get to paramedic school. The best plan would be to take the fire training first, get it out of the way, then go to EMT school and directly to paramedic school. Many of the physical concepts (hydraulics, thermodynamics, structural integrity, etc...) that you learn in the fire school can be helpful to you in paramedic school. Of course, you can't do it that way because EMT is required for fire training (I believe. Correct me if I am wrong). Another serious sign that the fire service is clueless about what makes good EMS.

Consequently, your options are limited to either:

EMT > fire > medic

EMT > medic > fire

The latter would be the most preferable option for several reasons. First off, it maximizes your medical training process by getting you straight through with no time to go stale on your EMT knowledge. There is no better way to go with that. Plus, it also gives you a certification that you can immediately get a job with, unlike fire certs. That way, you can start making money right away, getting valuable experience, while working on fire certs. Fire certs are not a sure thing for an immediate job. There are a lot more applicants than jobs at most departments, so you could be waiting for awhile. Get the medical education first, and get a quality one. Then you'll be employable and be a much better medic when the FD finally hires you.

Good luck and OOOORAH!

I think that is the smartest option, going EMT>medic>fire. With the G.I. Bill I'll be able to at least partially pay through the pipeline.

I'll hazard a guess that you're a member of the USMC with you're last post.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.