Long Time Lurker, Just Started Posting

Dragoon

I'm an EMT almost three years in NYC working for a hospital who provides 911 service to the city. Before that I did the opposite and was in the Marine Corps for six years. Like I said in the title of this post, I've been a member of the site for a little while and have learned a good amount here. I've become a firm believer in evidence based medicine and knowing why you are doing something instead of the cook book crap that I see running around. I love doing my job, correctly and I get ticked off when I see laziness on the part of the provider. I'm a human resources nightmare as I don't have a problem telling my coworkers they suck if that is the case. But I've been muzzled if I want to keep my job. I'm chomping at the bit to go paramedic school but am trying to hold off till I take some core classes: the A&P's, pharmacology so I can understand what it is I am doing and why. Also school isn't cheap.

Looking forward to contributing and learning some more.

Welcome to the posting world! Man, I know what you mean about being muzzled. Sorry to hear that. Hang in there and hang on to what you know! :)

Lots of former military types here too, as I'm sure you've seen lurking. Come on in... the water only has a *few* sharks in it ;)

Wendy

CO EMT-B

I'm an EMT almost three years in NYC working for a hospital who provides 911 service to the city. Before that I did the opposite and was in the Marine Corps for six years. Like I said in the title of this post, I've been a member of the site for a little while and have learned a good amount here. I've become a firm believer in evidence based medicine and knowing why you are doing something instead of the cook book crap that I see running around. I love doing my job, correctly and I get ticked off when I see laziness on the part of the provider. I'm a human resources nightmare as I don't have a problem telling my coworkers they suck if that is the case. But I've been muzzled if I want to keep my job. I'm chomping at the bit to go paramedic school but am trying to hold off till I take some core classes: the A&P's, pharmacology so I can understand what it is I am doing and why. Also school isn't cheap.

Looking forward to contributing and learning some more.

Welcome to the CITY hope you learn alot here. We have a great bunch of minds here that are full of useful and useless information!

Don't be a stranger to the world of posting Welcome once again.

Lots of former military types here too, as I'm sure you've seen lurking. Come on in... the water only has a *few* sharks in it ;)

*Hears the theme to "Jaws" playing softly in the background*

Jaws.jpg

We have a great bunch of minds here that are full of useful and useless information!

I'm not sure if I qualify for the 'useful information' part, or the 'useless information' part....I'm soooo confused!

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.