EMT training took back seat to parties

CBEMT

I disagree.

Your post wasn't really clear about which part of my statement you disagree with. Do you disagree that they have their own college? Do you disagree that they should employ full-time professionals? Do you disagree that they don't need a $70k party for guys who don't even show up on many runs?

You could practically fund a Beatles reunion concert for $70k.

This organisation is like Congress. They beg for money under false pretences, and then spend it on something totally unrelated. I'm betting if they went to their funding sources and said, "We're trying to raise $70k for a big private bash for 100 members", they'd raise much less than $1000 dollars. These bastards should be investigated by the state for fraud and face losing their tax-exempt status.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your post wasn't really clear about which part of my statement you disagree with. Do you disagree that they have their own college? Do you disagree that they should employ full-time professionals? Do you disagree that they don't need a $70k party for guys who don't even show up on many runs?

This organisation is like Congress. They beg for money under false pretences, and then spend it on something totally unrelated. I'm betting if they went to their funding sources and said, "We're trying to raise $70k for a big private bash for 100 members", they'd raise much less than $1000 dollars. These bastards should be investigated by the state for fraud and face losing their tax-exempt status.

Sorry about that...still trying to figure this new thing out...anyway, I disagreed with the no need to have parties. While having a budget for parties 3 times the size of the educational budget is sad...but it's important for moral (IMHO) to have a party or two a year, but a kind of formal "awards banquet" kinda thing. It would also be a good time to launch goals and what not for the new year.

ROFL!

I doubt it! Not after McCartney's divorce! :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.