Paramedic Accused of Beating Patient

Krysteen

holy shit batman, we have several people who have posted that say the partner who saw this going on is not to be trusted. What you are basically saying is that partners cannot be trusted.

I certainly hope that my partner is trustworthy enough to both have my back and also point out what I did wrong.

What you are basically saying is that partners cannot be trusted. So for those of you who have questioned the partner, when the crap hits the fan and you are the partner of a paramedic who did a beat down that your credibility here is questioned too.

Remember, you are someones partner too and I guess that you guys cannot be trusted too.

The medic in question if he did assault the patient then he's got to pay the price but to throw the partner under the bus before the evidence is in and proof has been offered is just plain idiotic.

My only question is this, why did the partner not stop the ambulance and get back to help her partner restrain the patient if the medic was being assaulted. It sounds like they just kept going. That is where I have issues. When were the police called? Was it when they got to the hospital or was it while they were enroute.

Ruff my main point was she did not see everything as she was driving. Secondly she stated her opinion like they were facts thus throwing her partner under the bus.

If I witnessed what she did I could have answered with I saw him hit the patient. I also saw that the restraints were off the patient. If asked why the restraints were off honest answer was I don't know ask my partner as I did not see him or patient remove them. If asked if he used excessive force I would answer as I did not see the entire event I can not say.

I am not going to lie to protect my partner but I am not going to add my opinion and wreck his life either. Now if he did beat a helpless patient then they should sedate him where he can't resist and allow the entire prison to have fun with him.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But spenac according to the report she saw him hit him in the stomach and face. This is a direct quote from the news paper story posted. Am I reading that wrong? according to this she witnessed the actual abuse. Good points you made ruff if we cant trust our partners who can we trust when we are in the back of that truck? And I would like to know why his restraints were removed? But right is right and wrong is wrong in any book.

"She said that Miller, who was in the back with the patient, asked her to stop the ambulance as she was heading toward Denver Health Medical Center.

She did so and ran back to the rear doors to help.

She said the patient was extremely bloody and yelling.

She then watched Miller punching the patient "in the stomach and the face," and then watched as Miller struck Smith "in the side of the head with his right elbow."

The female paramedic also noted to police that Smith's legs were free from their restraints, even though "there is no way for any patient to escape from these restraints.""

The female paramedic also noted to police that Smith's legs were free from their restraints, even though "there is no way for any patient to escape from these restraints.""

I agree she said she saw some events, that is fine report each hit you see. But the statement I left qouted is opinion. Many times restraints are not apllied correctly and removed. I have had people break handcuffs that are much tougher than the restraints we use in ambulances. She also expressed opinions on other points.

Honestly she should have just said I saw him hit X # of times with right, left, elbow etc. She added a lot of speculation when you read many of her statements. He requested cops prior to her stopping. Did she just happen to open the door as he was finishing subdueing an attacking patient. She can't say she did not see the entire event. And again, the blood could have been spit out by the patient.

Now she may be right. Maybe this Paramedic has a HX of over reacting to patients actions. Who knows, but I learned many years ago to only state what I saw not speculate or offer opinion.

So why are you all saying that the female that witnessed this attack was wrong about the restraints and being inexpirenced? Maybe she was just plain out telling the truth and no one wants to think that one of our own could abuse a patient?

So why are you all saying that the female that witnessed this attack was wrong about the restraints and being inexpirenced? Maybe she was just plain out telling the truth and no one wants to think that one of our own could abuse a patient?

Because any restraint can be broken. So her saying its impossible is a false opinion. She may be right that he assualted the patient but she should have only stated facts not opinion.

Because any restraint can be broken. So her saying its impossible is a false opinion. She may be right that he assualted the patient but she should have only stated facts not opinion.

It didnt say they were broken it just said they werent on. So did the medic take them off or were they broken? Were they even applied in the first place? It didnt say even that the leg restraints were in place at all just that they were off.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.