Paramedic Accused of Beating Patient

Krysteen

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is sad all the way around for EMS as a whole. It only takes one bad apple to ruin the whole bunch. So why didnt anyone do anything before if there were problems in the system?

Umm wow lets hang him now based on news and the opinion of his partner who might have an axe to grind. I mean patient had seizure is coming out of it panics because of restraints. Pulls free from the restraints which can happen despite the drivers claims that it was impossible. Starts fighting the Paramedic. In defense paramedic does hit and subdue patient. Sorry but it could happen. Also all the blood much of it could have been from patient spitting the blood from mouth from where they bit their tongue and lips during seizure.

Yes its possible he watches to much wrestling and decided to try a few moves on the patient but I will hold that judgement for now.

Umm wow lets hang him now based on news and the opinion of his partner who might have an axe to grind. I mean patient had seizure is coming out of it panics because of restraints. Pulls free from the restraints which can happen despite the drivers claims that it was impossible. Starts fighting the Paramedic. In defense paramedic does hit and subdue patient. Sorry but it could happen. Also all the blood much of it could have been from patient spitting the blood from mouth from where they bit their tongue and lips during seizure.

Yes its possible he watches to much wrestling and decided to try a few moves on the patient but I will hold that judgement for now.

his partner said he did it either way if he did it then EMS workers are abusers, if he didnt EMS workers are liars. Either way its not a good look for anyone in EMS.

Would it not have been more appropriate to contact med control? Say if it was in your protocol to move onto another form of restraints, such as chemical. Could this all have been avoided in the first place? I say yes. What would you have done?

his partner said he did it either way if he did it then EMS workers are abusers, if he didnt EMS workers are liars. Either way its not a good look for anyone in EMS.

I disagree with the statements from the driver. She says he had no reason. But she was not in the patient compartment. She does not see every second as she is driving. Yet then we find out restraints were off so patient gets violent, Paramedic trys to defend self possibly with minimum force needed and had requested police already so he had concerns for safety. Even the unreliable driver states that he requested police before beating patient. Why call the cops then beat patient? I think driver should have said I saw him hit patient but I am not aware of the events that led to it. She gave opinions that now could cost a person that did no wrong their freedom. But now if he actually just beat him to beat him hang him but lets get all the facts.

Would it not have been more appropriate to contact med control? Say if it was in your protocol to move onto another form of restraints, such as chemical. Could this all have been avoided in the first place? I say yes. What would you have done?

Sometimes in a violent situation you do not have time to get the drugs to knock them down.

I agree with Spenec. How does anyone know that the paramedic wasn't defending himself from the patient? Patients coming out of seizures have the possibility of becoming violent. Personally, I wouldn't put much trust in the words of his partner. People are always looking for reasons to better themselves and knock down others. Does the driver have any problems with her partner? What kind of history does each employee have with company? Are they known trouble makers and get complaints from their patients? There's too much missing information that just hasn't been provided yet. It's too soon for anyone to make judgement.

holy shit batman, we have several people who have posted that say the partner who saw this going on is not to be trusted. What you are basically saying is that partners cannot be trusted.

I certainly hope that my partner is trustworthy enough to both have my back and also point out what I did wrong.

What you are basically saying is that partners cannot be trusted. So for those of you who have questioned the partner, when the crap hits the fan and you are the partner of a paramedic who did a beat down that your credibility here is questioned too.

Remember, you are someones partner too and I guess that you guys cannot be trusted too.

The medic in question if he did assault the patient then he's got to pay the price but to throw the partner under the bus before the evidence is in and proof has been offered is just plain idiotic.

My only question is this, why did the partner not stop the ambulance and get back to help her partner restrain the patient if the medic was being assaulted. It sounds like they just kept going. That is where I have issues. When were the police called? Was it when they got to the hospital or was it while they were enroute.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.