NREMT pass rates

camev

The good ole NREMT the biggest scam out there.

It is my understanding that the only place you are likely to get those figures are from without a lot of effort is the schools themselves. They are available from the NR, but good luck ever getting it out of them, or to even return your phone call, unless you are a state official. The figures are distributed annually to the individual state EMS regulating agencies, and depending on how responsive and helpful your state office is, you may get them there. Unfortunately, most state EMS offices are about as easy to deal with as the NR itself.

Not sure exactly why you are looking for this information, but I would caution you against putting too much weight on those rates when choosing a school. Even a horrible school can easily maintain high pass rates if they know how to manipulate the statistics. The bottom line is, if a school has a low pass rate, that is never a good sign. But if a school has a high pass rate, it is not necessarily a good sign either. Caveat emptor.

The good ole NREMT the biggest scam out there.

Must be another one that have failed the test.

Contact your State EMS office. Most educators are given a percentile of pass rates. The NREMT has no problems releasing national stats, and possibly state as well.

R/r911

Texas Health department publishes a Texas list showing each scool, how many tested, and how many passed. Maybe your state does the same. But keep in mind a high pass rate does not a high quality education mean. Some schools teach the test, they do not educate.

I was just curious, so no, I'm not someone who "must be another one who failed". I'm an EMT-S and I still have a semester of medic classes and then the externship to complete. We recently changed program administrators and the new muckty-muck is singing the praises of every program in the state except ours. Our class is small, has been taught by long time respected active road medics (the same ones since its inception twenty odd years ago) and has traditionally had a high pass rate. Their students include some of the folks I look to as my mentors and role models. His most adored program produces students that seem unable to pass the registry and, if the externship students they've sent our service for third rides are any indication, this go round won't be much different. I don't know that the registry is the be all, end all but if he's using that as his standard I'd like some statistics to put up in refutation.

I was just curious, so no, I'm not someone who "must be another one who failed".

Double check the quotes. He wasn't talking about you.