Questions surround paramedics' response to head trauma vic.

CBEMT

Okay I to am gong play devils advocate in this one. I have read all the respones and this is what I have come up with.

First a combative pt regardless of the reason for it is a potential danger to the paramedics and those around him. One of the first things I was taught was my scene assesment if I don't feel safe I don't touch the pt.

Theres combative as in, "Im gonna kick your ass" and theres combative as in, "Hey, this dude has a head injury". two totally different scenarios. One thing i make sure our new, and old, medics know is that we dont have the luxury of being able to call 911. We're it, there is noone else to call. we can call for manpower but we dont just fold our arms acrossed our chest and say, "Im not touching him until he calms down." Guess what, when this guy calms down, its because hes dead. From this story, it seems that the female medic just waits until patients pass out before she 'treats' them. IMO, if youre uncomfortable dealing with (medically) combative patients, you need to seek another form of employment.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True that but we do have one of the medics statements in evidence. Unless the award winning paramedic that wrote the original gripe is a total knob/liar, these two medics should be, at the least, fired. I just dont see the medic writing some hate mail just for the hell of it. He has nothing to gain by doing it. This crew was on scene exactley 20min. per the dispatch tapes provided. Id like to know what they were doing for those 20min.

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Maybe thats a fake document meant to win the publics support as the family knows the actual report can not be released by the service. Yeah thats it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.