Toronto paramedic tells all: The Emergency Monologues

CBEMT

Unless I am missing something..... they sound like inappropriate war stories.

The last one may have some humor in the end... but not really.

I kind of expected either laugh out loud humor, public awareness, or safety tips. Hope the next ones will be better.

As we walk past the nursing station a staff member, who doesn’t make eye contact and continues shuffling papers, says, “We couldn’t get a blood pressure.” That doesn’t surprise me, because most staff are incompetent and even if they provided me with a pressure, I wouldn’t trust it

True as it may be, I hardly think a newspaper is the place for a comment like this. If you want something done take it up with the manager, don't plaster your opinion in the Toronto paper telling people the "Nurses" we trust to take care of our loved ones are incompetent.

Just my opinion.

True as it may be, I hardly think a newspaper is the place for a comment like this. If you want something done take it up with the manager, don't plaster your opinion in the Toronto paper telling people the "Nurses" we trust to take care of our loved ones are incompetent.

Just my opinion.

Fair enough, but he didn't put it in the newspaper. He put it in a book, which lots of EMS people have done.

The newspaper put it in the newspaper.

Quote:

As we walk past the nursing station a staff member, who doesn’t make eye contact and continues shuffling papers, says, “We couldn’t get a blood pressure.” That doesn’t surprise me, because most staff are incompetent and even if they provided me with a pressure, I wouldn’t trust it

I enjoy reading war stories from the frontlines of emergency medicine. EMS providers around the world, publishing their stories,their calls what their life is like in stressful enviroments,the challenges the face on a day to day basis. Cheers Morgan Phillips, I look forward to hearing your stories and look forward to reading your books in the future.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.