Is anyone else at WEMSA this weekend?

mrmeaner

Just checking to see what the EMTCITY population is here at the Wisconsin (not Wilderness, Dust) EMS Association Conference in Milwaukee.

Dude, you know me all too well, lol! I was just about to ask that! :D

Give us a report on how it goes! I love these conferences! Never been to one that just plain sucked anywhere. But, what nimrod scheduled it for the dead of winter?

Meh, what else was I going to do this weekend, watch the Packers not play in the Super Bowl? At least it's not -20 like it was a week ago!

Actually, I haven't been here for a few years so it will be interesting to see if I am as impressed as last time. There weren't some the names I hoped/expected to see on the instructor roster, but maybe that won't matter. I do think that the prices are very affordable compared to other conferences.

If anyone is interested in what it's about.

Just some quick notes regarding some of the seminars I took:

Steve Berry was the keynote speaker for Saturday. He did a great job and was very funny. I didn't take any of his sessions, but I talked to a girl who did. Apparently he have a very good seminar regarding caring for the patient emotionally and how important connecting with the patient can be.

I took a couple seminars with John Elder who is a medic in TX. He did a great job and provided some great information regarding protecting the renal system while caring for other patient conditions or injuries.

The biggest complaint I had was that the "advanced" courses varied greatly in their level of information.

Otherwise it was a good seminar for $160 for 2 days.