Drug-testing your own kids ???????

crotchitymedic1986

I did do it.. and my kid was positive for more than they admitted to.. which was sad.. but necessary info for me.

Good luck in whatever you have to do to deal with your situation.

I know that when I asked for some input on the boards here I got slammed, but the solution that my son and I ended up with is working out for him. He's now drug free and doing great in school.. from non-attendance to straight A's.

This is a pretty big concern for me as well. My oldest son will be 13 next month and a 10 year old. . I don't worry so much that they are doing anything at the moment, however their father that they go and visit on the weekends has the medical marijuana card. what he does when our kids are not around is what ever he is not my responsibility, our kids are.. I have asked the kids about it they say oh its just his medicine. When confronting their dad oh its just my medicine, they know what it is and that they are not to do it yada yada yada. I do not think that is a good example I understand they need to be educated on the subject, and they are but I don't think they need to be exposed to it. He says I am over reacting. any thoughts on this.

When I was in high school, my mom found a pill in my pocket when doing the laundry. The back round goes I had a terrible headache and a friend of a friend gave me "something that will help with that" I took it, put it in my pocket, and forgot all about it. About this time my parents had just finished a divorce, and only as a male teenager can be, pissed off at the world. There were a lot of questionable things that I was doing, mostly out of anger, and in hind sight looked bad for me. Mom threatened to have me tested and I readily agreed to go, but she never did. I think she still till this day believes I was on drugs back then. In the mean time I have told her and my step father everything I had done (drink only), but still... that trust was questioned, strained, and suffered with out the test. Had we actually done the test would it have been/be different???