Pissed off about CP

Arizonaffcep

Easy tiger! Vent wasn't trying to be condescending... she's just expounding from her own experience and education. She's right... there's only so much that can be done and you may not have all the clues necessary to the situation. I don't think she's trying to imply that you're stupid, a cookbook medic, or otherwise...

Remember that both sides here aren't playing with the full deck of info...

Peace....

Wendy

CO EMT-B

(RE bolded text)I agree with you on that...but this is not the first, nor second or even third post of mine where I have felt that she has been condescending and talking down to me.

(RE underlined text)Then why even say "The same cook book is not always followed for each patient."? This implies I follow a cook book when dealing with patients...hence...I'm a cook book medic.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(RE underlined text)Then why even say "The same cook book is not always followed for each patient."? This implies I follow a cook book when dealing with patients...hence...I'm a cook book medic.

I really don't know what to say here other than... no it doesn't. :?

Physician heal thyself!

Vent was in no way trying to insult you or put you down. You are the one who is doing the assuming here in that you are assuming that Vent automatically is against you.

I don't actually think she's against me...just seems to be condescending to me. See the previous post RE: Eydawn (the underlined part).

Dude. Relax. Seriously!

You are indicating indignation because in your initial post you implied that this patient might be better served by transfer to a facility with a lard-ass capable cath table. Vent is merely saying that in some places, catheterization may not be appropriate... hence, the same rule-book (cookbook) is not followed for every MI patient, even though that's pretty much how we as EMS providers learn to approach it...

She's not insulting you. She's not even implying that you're a cookbook medic. She's simply stating the facts of the case... that it is not necessary for you to feel indignation about this patient due to not everyone needing the treatment that your mind jumps to... not that you're a flawed provider or thinker.

Seriously. Really. Re-read it, go take a walk, then re-read it again.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Dude. Relax. Seriously!

You are indicating indignation because in your initial post you implied that this patient might be better served by transfer to a facility with a lard-ass capable cath table. Vent is merely saying that in some places, catheterization may not be appropriate... hence, the same rule-book (cookbook) is not followed for every MI patient, even though that's pretty much how we as EMS providers learn to approach it...

She's not insulting you. She's not even implying that you're a cookbook medic. She's simply stating the facts of the case... that it is not necessary for you to feel indignation about this patient due to not everyone needing the treatment that your mind jumps to... not that you're a flawed provider or thinker.

Seriously. Really. Re-read it, go take a walk, then re-read it again.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

I actually did, and then I had my RN partner read it. Her reaction: "WTF? Does she think you're an idiot or something?"

All I did was ask her to read the whole post (my partner) and that's the opinion formed...so...there must be something to it, no?

Do me a favor...unless you are going to post to me as an "adult to adult" and not "adult to child/newbie/etc." don't post. Go elsewhere, as you have really succeeded in offending me, especially with the cook book part.

You are being way too sensitive if my statement quoted below offended you.

Learn the reasons why some therapies are done and not others. Learn the risks and benefits for different patients. The same cook book is not always followed for each paitient. Since there are known histories and values, there are more (or less) options.

You are working inside a hospital, correct? For some patients you have standing orders to be initiated but the path may deviate when the diagnostic tests provide results correct? For some patients it is business as usual, correct? Have you never heard the terms "by the book" or "CCU protocols" or "tele protocols" or any disease or symptom protocols? These are all the usual recipes to be followed. Much of medicine is written in recipe form so it is organized and to avoid missing important data. From that, different pathways and guidelines are then initiated.

You seem to be confusing with what is referred to as a Paramedic cookbook for prehospital. You stated you were working inside a hospital and that is what my references were to.

You hear what you want to hear in posts... so far, it's a 50/50 split on how that post's been received as far as reactions to it...

I don't hear condescension in it. I hear good ideas.... but that's me.

Even so... it's a post. Untwist the boxers and sally forth! Now, you know you need a grain of salt with Vent's posts to make them more to your taste. :)

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Vent...If I have over read your post, I apologize. It just seemed condescending when I read it. Right now, where I work, the only other paramedic school (at the CC level) is run by the local FD, and it basically cook-book to the max (2 of blue, one of purple, see this, do this, but don't understand whys). This was the view point I was taking, as it's a VERY offensive term here. I also made the assumption that it is standard everywhere. Now that I see what you are saying re:"cook book," I understand. Please accept my apologies, and if you would like, I can delete the post response in question.

Lets see 5'7 ish ---540 pounds ,diabetic = around 100 lbs per foot!!! Guess what you fat f@ck your going to die real soon and obviously haven't done anything to help yourself except eat. Somebody want to call a flatbed wrecker for this one.

Thats a reality check!

like it or not the cardiologist probably figured the odds of this slob surviving the trip to the cath lab or OR and decided that it was better to try medication. Can you imagine trying to get through the rolls of fat to try and find a femoral artery. It would take four people and several rolls of duct tape to corral all that adipose. :D The thought scares me from here & I'm 2 thousand miles away. :roll:

Imagine the size of the coffin and vault that will be needed to make this guy worm food

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.