Charter School, the best route?

ninjaemtff

I believe that education is one of the most important things in a persons life. And to be successful in life you have to be educated. No matter what field you get into. I believe that the right school plays a big part in that, and I'm not just talking about at the college level, I mean at the elementary, middle, and high school levels as well.

Since I'm still young, I still have friends that are in high school, and it's getting to the point where they can't wait to be on break, they are hoping for snow days, they hate school, etc. I hear this quite often, and it makes me think "No wonder our future is screwed." Kids that are in public schools hate it.

Well I was talking to my sister the other night, and she is a teacher at a charter school. At this school everything is project based, the kids work in groups for mostly everything. They are all issued computers, and what not. Well they had a snow day last week, and she was telling me,that they were all disappointed that they had the snow day, because it was a day without school, and they are looking forward to Christmas but not Christmas break because they would rather be at school. This children are all intelligent, and they have a desire to be at school. Maybe this charter school thing is the way to go?

Thoughts and opinions?

It's not so much whether the school is public, private or charter... it depends entirely on who is running the school, what kind of resources they have, and what the teachers are like.

I agree... check out a school thoroughly before committing to any given one.

Wendy

CO EMT-B