Now, Collier County and Roving Paramedics

VentMedic

The quote came from one of the reader comments to the story, and pw3ned is interwebz-speak for "owned."

According to the internet dictionary, that is not a favorable term.

So I take it you are not a Dr. Tober fan since that statement appears to be lashing back at the FF/medic who is bashing Tober. May I ask why? Tober just wants Paramedics to be medical professionals. I had been under the impression you supported that also.

According to the internet dictionary, that is not a favorable term.

So I take it you are not a Dr. Tober fan since that statement appears to be lashing back at the FF/medic who is bashing Tober. May I ask why? Tober just wants Paramedics to be medical professionals. I had been under the impression you supported that also.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pw3ned

I read the quoted comment as being anti-firemedic, and responded with that in mind.

I read the quoted comment as being anti-firemedic, and responded with that in mind.

Exactly. I just didn't take you for one that supported bashing a medical director who wanted to determine what protocols his paramedics worked under and not be told what he should allow them to do by a fire chief. In the case of Collier County, I am anti-firemedic. However, fire-medic was my title for much of my own career until I realized how much I enjoyed the medical profession.

After hearing the fire-medics complaining and seeing their protest demonstrations in Naples, I can see the point being made by that statement you quoted. They have just enough knowledge to believe they are entitled to perform certain procedures but not enough to know they don't have enough education or experience to do it correctly or safely.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.