Philli EMS

djmedic

Philly FD runs EMS within the city. They routinely divert money from EMS to support suppression. They have an inadequate number of ambulances on the street (at peak hours they have 40 ambulances deployed, 39 actually on the street for a city of 1.5 million). Most stations run non stop from the start of their shift to the end. Most of their runs are beyond abuse of the system.

Many of the medics hired do so only to move over to the suppression side. Those that are left usually burn out within a couple years...if they last that long.

What places do EMS well? Not many within the area you're looking. I wouldn't hold my breath.

-be safe

It would depend upon your definition of doing well. Although Philly FD doesn't have a great name, there are plenty of other EMS organizations in the area that do work at lot better. The two that spring to mind because I have experience of them are Crozer EMS and New Castle County. New Castle County is just over the border in Delaware but is certainly commuting distance.

On a national level, I hear the same name all the time: ATCEMS in Austin, Texas.

WM

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.