The most interesting case I had this week

Kaisu

When I was still an engineer on an engine company, our 3rd firefighter's young son was diagnosed with this disease, as a result from antibiotic Tx he had been receiving. The poor young boy spent countless weeks in a children's hospital about 90 miles from us, and suffered miserably. Thank God he recovered, and is now a normal, healthy active young boy enjoying his childhood. I don't remember all the specifics of the disease, and how it can be contracted, but if I remember some of it correctly, it does have something to do with some of the antibiotic treatments out there.

On a side note, one of the proudest moments I have had as a firefighter was when I was able to present the hundreds of dollars to the family that we had collected from the brothers, so we could help offset the costs that were incurred due to all the travelling the family had to do. The humbling look that my friend and brother firefighter had on his face as I handed over the envelope stuffed full of 5's, to 100's warmed my heart like few other experiences in life ever have. From all accounts, it is truly a terrible and painful disease, which can be fatal if not caught fast enough. When the little guy got home, his dad took him around to all the houses so we could all see him.

Just my two cents on this one.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.