Getting used to the Rural Setting

If I finish my nursing and have the brain power and financial resources to continue on with post graduate study I’d very much like to become an RN with the Royal Flying Doctor service here in Australia. I guess it’s more fitting to refer to RFDS as extremely remote care rather than rural care because there dealing with some seriously sick and injured people in some of the most remote places on earth.

Sounds like you and I have very similar dreams Timmy. Eventually I would like to work flight as a Critical Care Paramedic (would be a scope very similar to what you would have as a flight nurse but also including things like RSI and transport ventilators). I love functioning in the remote setting at every possible opportunity. It consistently gives you the opportunity to push the limits of your knowledge and learn as much as possible.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.