decision made

okay made up my mind to go througn the emt I and emt -p class looking for some books, to start before classes start anyone got any ideas. i am going to school in thornton co. so thats the course study i'll need

1. EMT-I is a counterproductive waste of time that handicaps your professional educational development. If you have the option, don't do it.

2. There is no "getting a head start" on paramedic school. Not through books. Not through exposure. Not through experience. Don't get in a hurry. If you try to "get ahead", you'll just screw yourself up rather than helping anything.

3. The only books you need are the ones that are required for the pre-requisite classes that you should be taking before going to Paramedic school. If your paramedic school does not require two semesters of A&P, microbiology, two semesters of psychology, and sociology before accepting you in, then your school sucks, and you should find another school.

4. If your school does not require a formal medical terminology course, then a medical terminology programmed text would be the only book you will need. I recommend Medical Terminology for Health Careers, 2nd Edition, by Ettinger & Burch. Otherwise, the only med term you will learn is the very basics that you get in EMT school, and you'll sound like a dumbass to every other health professional, like 98 percent of all paramedics and EMTs do.

5. Minus five for a poorly thought out subject line. You'll want to start paying more attention to detail if you ever want to be a true healthcare professional.

Don't get in a hurry. Focus on the class you are in. The rest will come later. Like Dust Devil said, you can't get a head start on Paramedic training.