Is politics taboo?

MrBird

Is this one of those forums where political discussions are frowned upon? Isn't there an election coming up?

Who to vote for? Pros? Cons? Who are these people and why are they trying to take over the known free world?

What's important to you? Or are you an oil monger? Or a nuclear fanatic? Or is it "the economy, stupid"?

I have no idea who to vote for. They both scare me. Their running mates are even worse.

So...spill it. Whatcha got?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Politics threads are not tabu. However, they often get locked quickly due to over-zealousness... kind of like religion threads. But by all means, go ahead, enjoy it while it lasts...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Is this one of those forums where political discussions are frowned upon?

No. But intentionally trying to stir up shyte in a community you only just arrived in, without getting to know anything about it or it's citizens, is considered really poor behaviour, not just here, but on the Internet in general. So don't get all pissed off when you get exactly what you are asking for here.

Not a problem, Dust. I think I'm a little thicker skinned than some of the others who may stir the proverbial pot.

Nor was I attempting to create any sort of mayhem and destruction. Simply looking for some intelligent discussion.

So you're saying I came to the wrong spot? :D

I should add, too, that I think the international input on national elections could be an eye opening discussion for many. I know my own views were pretty narrow until I started listening to and learning from friends who live in other countries.

And, Dust, you will be proud to know that I *did* read the site rules before joining. I understand that's one of your pet peeves.

So you're saying I came to the wrong spot? :D

Not at all. This is as good a place as any. And kudos for asking ahead of time! It's just that we get so many thin-skinned people who come here, then are gone within 48 hours when we don't blow smoke up their arses, that I wanted you to be forewarned. You would think that anyone looking for political discussion on the Net would understand that, but it's amazing how often they don't.

Not at all. This is as good a place as any. And kudos for asking ahead of time! It's just that we get so many thin-skinned people who come here, then are gone within 48 hours when we don't blow smoke up their arses, that I wanted you to be forewarned. You would think that anyone looking for political discussion on the Net would understand that, but it's amazing how often they don't.

Well...in Whoville they say,

That the Grinch's small heart Grew three sizes that day!