Getting my Registry back....?

firemedic7

Hi All-

I haven't posted for awhile and I don't know if I am in the right forum but I could use some help.

I have been a Fire/Medic for 16 years at a paid dept. and have recently decided that I would like to get my Registry back. I called NR and talked to one person who said that I needed to complete a 40 hour refresher and then re-take the exam and practicals which is fine but then I called back to ask another question and a different person said that with my ITLS, ACLS and PALS that that would be sufficient and that I could sit for the exams with that. I wondered if anyone has dealt with this and could let me know which is right.

Thanks alot! :lol:

Just went through this process not long ago ! Anyhow, you have to have someone able to check off your skills that they are adequate for practical (ie your training officer, med director, etc) but is most easily accomplished through the 48 hour refresher - just have them sign off for ya. Then you have the option of either completing a formal 48 hour refresher, OR continuing ed within the hours needed. I'm not for sure, but with your certs you may be able to cover all your hours. Then just go and sit for your test. Pretty simple and painless actually.

Just went through this process not long ago ! Anyhow, you have to have someone able to check off your skills that they are adequate for practical (ie your training officer, med director, etc) but is most easily accomplished through the 48 hour refresher - just have them sign off for ya. Then you have the option of either completing a formal 48 hour refresher, OR continuing ed within the hours needed. I'm not for sure, but with your certs you may be able to cover all your hours. Then just go and sit for your test. Pretty simple and painless actually.

Thanks!!!

This is so typical of NR. Nobody up there seems to understand their own friggin' policies, pulling answers out of their arses when people call needing serious advice. :roll:

You need both. You need a 48 hour refresher and current ACLS and PHTLS (or ITLS, if you must) certs.

The NR website sucks, and really shouid have a search feature since it is so poorly organised. Consequently, it's really hard to find this, so save it for future reference:

http://www.nremt.org/EMTServices/reg_para_...Re-Entry_Policy

Good luck!

This is so typical of NR. Nobody up there seems to understand their own friggin' policies, pulling answers out of their arses when people call needing serious advice. :roll:

You need both. You need a 48 hour refresher and current ACLS and PHTLS (or ITLS, if you must) certs.

The NR website sucks, and really shouid have a search feature since it is so poorly organised.

Consequently, it's really hard to find this, so save it for future reference:

Thanks, that helps

http://www.nremt.org/EMTServices/reg_para_...Re-Entry_Policy

Good luck!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.