Another black eye for EMS

mshow00

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2008/09/ambulanc...rillator-2.html

********************************************************************************

Random Stuff

Ambulance Worker Tries to Cook a Prawn on a Dying Man's Chin Using a Defibrillator

Posted by Sean Fallon at 2:40 AM on September 17, 2008

John Jones, a paramedic working in the UK, was recently dismissed from his job after he placed a prawn (a crustacean similar to shrimp) on the chin of a dying man awaiting a jolt from a defibrillator and joked: "Let's see if we can cook this prawn." After the shock was administered he was heard to remark "360 joules won't cook a prawn." If that wasn't enough, his colleague, Clive Greedy, looked on while eating a piece of celery in the patient's kitchen (Greedy is now serving a six-month suspension over the incident). To top it all off, the shock treatment failed and the patient never regained consciousness. God damn, that is cold. [Daily Mail]

********************************************************************************

Now this is sad. I heard about this on the news on my way home from a clinical today. Just wanted to share with you.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

What the!!!

I’m speechless.

:|

But on the other hand, I question the credibility of this article…

Is it a coincidence that “Clive Greedy” is eating celery?

Of course it matters if it's true. That's the most asinine bullshit I've ever heard. If it happened, we need to find this guy, and give him a ghetto beating.. Just because. Maybe have him committed to an institution, because it sounds like he's a sandwich short of a picnic.

In that manner I totally agree with you 4cm on that point. But what I was saying is it does not matter at this point if it is true. People are already talking as if it were (as in the news broadcast I heard). So again, if it is assumed to be true, it is.

It is absolutely true, although it happened more than 2 years ago.

The paramedic involved Mr. Greedy (actual name) was recently up in front of the HPC. The Ambulance Technician does not hold professional registration, so is not subject to further investigation. Both were fired from their jobs from their employer some time ago however.

A couple of links.

Link

Link

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.