Looking for an internship...

Riblett

Hi everyone. First of all let me say... I passed the paramedic exam! I am done with my degree and totally thrilled! Next stop is nursing school. I am still undecided about what branch of nursing, but I would really like to go to UNC Chapel Hill. At this point it appears I have a pretty good shot at getting in. UNC wants all BSN students to spend their last summer the program abroad. You can go anywhere, but you have to be working with RN's or their equivalent. I would like an internship where I could integrated nursing and EMS.

At this point Germany is looking like a good choice. My understanding is that in South Germany nurses are part of the EMS system also. I guess it could be called MICN. Any European country would be great, but I only speak English and German. I would just need to do some ride-alongs for about 8 weeks. I would handle my own accommodations, travel, etc. If any of our European members could point me in the right direction. If any of the agencies you know would be able to participate in something like this. This would be Summer of 2011. Long ways away, just looking for ideas at this point.

Hi Riblett,

You may want to consider Holland as an option. EMS is nurse-led , you have to be an RN with critical care qualifications to be an ALS EMS provider here. The other advantage is that (almost) everyone speaks english, so that would make it really easy for you.

I am a clinical mentor for my service and specialize mentoring the nursing undergraduates. I can organize an internship for you at my station without too many problems. Send me a PM if you are interested.

WM

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.