Arkansas Democratic Party Chairman Killed

EMS49393

Gwatney gunned down.

I tend to be the person that looks at the irony in situations such as this. The state of Arkansas government voted against funding to create a level one trauma center. As a temporary resident of Arkansas, I have to wonder if this shooting will help those governmental officials understand how wrong they were when they made that decision. It seems to always take the death of a political or famous person to elict a change. After all, who cares about the thousands of nameless people that have died because the hospitals can't afford to keep trauma teams in house 24 hours a day. Maybe now, we'll get our trauma center.

Don't bet on it. Democratic chairpersons don't get the same consideration as let's say, major league ball players, NBA players, NFL players, mayors and city councilman.

Gwatney gunned down.

I tend to be the person that looks at the irony in situations such as this. The state of Arkansas government voted against funding to create a level one trauma center. As a temporary resident of Arkansas, I have to wonder if this shooting will help those governmental officials understand how wrong they were when they made that decision. It seems to always take the death of a political or famous person to elict a change. After all, who cares about the thousands of nameless people that have died because the hospitals can't afford to keep trauma teams in house 24 hours a day. Maybe now, we'll get our trauma center.

Don't hold your breath waiting for a trauma center here in Arkansas...