Oh oh! Here it comes....

*ducks*

Wendy

CO EMT-B

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congradulations, I will finish Paramedic school in December, and I am soooooo glad. When I first became an EMT-I my FTO enroute to a call gave me some of the best advice ever. We were going Code 3 down the highway, my heart was pumping and I was keyed up to the max. Suddenly he yelled out "HEY!" "this is their emergency not yours, calm down!"

Without a doubt, the best advice I ever got.

If you aren't calm, then neither will your patient be, and that will lead to chaos.

Good Luck

Dustdevil... its not disrespecting yourself or the profession by volunteering. maybe for you and where your from it is who knows, but anyways congrats to those of you to pass the nremt-p! i hope to get that far sometime in my life. :thebirdman: to you dustdevil

Where I am from is irrelevant, because the profession is not local. The profession is worldwide.

Once you actually join this profession, you may someday have the credibility to comment upon it.

One of the things you have that you need to keep handy is being scared. What we do as Paramedics is scarry stuff. The first time you take a conscious person and paralyze them to insert an ET tube and you know that their life is in your hands, thats scarry.

I have found that having a healthy respect for the skills that you learned will keep you out of trouble.

I am not saying that you won't become comfortable with the skills, but rather you need to be respectful of the consequences of using those skills. Someone said it earlier, don't be in a hurry to use everything you learned unless it is necessary.

I knew a flight medic who had been in EMS nearly 20 years before she decompressed a chest. When she needed it she used it, but only when it was actually needed.

Best of luck to you and congratulations. You seem to be off to a good start as you know you don't know everything.

Just got the results back from my written test. Best diet plan I have been on since my divorce. After learning I passed the written, 300 pounds of dread, fear, and gloom were immediately lifted from my shoulders. Practicals are next week, but actually looking forward to them.

Just got the results back from my written test. Best diet plan I have been on since my divorce. After learning I passed the written, 300 pounds of dread, fear, and gloom were immediately lifted from my shoulders. Practicals are next week, but actually looking forward to them.

Congrats. :occasion9: Good luck on your next step.

Don't put a 9v battery on your tongue. And don't take any wooden nickles.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.