Some Guidance on Selecting Schools

Hey fellow EMSers

I am currently living in northern california but i am about to move down to southern california for personal and financial reasons. what i was wondering is if any of you guys have gone through an EMT program or know of one inside of in between LA and San Diego county? i do not mind the commute since i have friends to stay with. I am an EMT-B but i dont have much field experience. based on what is being said on these forums it sounds like u can go to paramedic school with or without experience depending on how prepared you are to devote yourself to becoming a good paramedic. i know that UCLA has a program but that option is currently off limits to me due personal reasons. once again, im looking for any input as to good paramedic schools. preferably 1 year in training in San Diego, but as i said, i can study and attend as far north as LA county. any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not turn this into a slam fest for go do BLS then Medic school etc. give me all the heads up and advice u would like, but do not start bashing other advice people give me, id much rather have constructive critism.

Thanks a lot

PS: any information on getting some sort of financial aid or vocation grants/loans would be amazing. ill take any and all tips

Don't go to PTI.

Mt. SAC is INCREDIBLY hard...really smart nerds routinely fail out due to a very rigid structure/program. Apparently, he told one of his students he was one of the brightest kids he ever had and he'd make a great medic . . . but not with his program and made him drop.

I would recommend Crafton Hill.

I've been told of two medic programs in San Diego (Palomar and something else) and that they're both good programs.

If you're in SD you can always hop the border and attend a program for muy cheap :D