that guaranteed pass nremt advertisement

Just Plain Ruff

There is an ad for www.parameducators.com which says Pass or your money back.

I was looking at their website and I found something really peculiar

Open this link http://www.parameducators.com/Parameducato...creenshots.html

and scroll down to the Question Screenshot. Read the question and tell me what sticks out to you as strange? It is part of the question. Makes me wonder what the rest of their medic questions are like.

I'll give the answer after a few posts.

That the patient is found upon arrival to the hospital to be hyperglycemic. This implies that the medic didn't take a blood sugar himself? Way too many short choppy sentences (the first two, for example, would flow better if the period was a comma).

It was written by the kinder, gentler Spenac. I've heard that after every right answer, the test displays, "Good job, Buddy!" and "That's OK, pal. Sure you killed this patient, but there will be others!" for every wrong answer.

oh so this is Spenac's site. I knew he would have adjuncts to his 3 day paramedic course. This must be one of those adjuncts.

how bout the "You are an amazing medic" That's what got me.

But I will be an amazing medic. :shock: My mommy done told me so. :|

I agree weird question. But it has lots of things to distract you. In preparation for NR testing you need to be taught how to focus on what is relevant to the question and what is not needed. A question could start out with the patients name. Give you a ton of info then ask what is your patients name? So they are trying to get you to learn to actually look at what is being asked. I hope.

It was written by the kinder, gentler Spenac. I've heard that after every right answer, the test displays, "Good job, Buddy!" and "That's OK, pal. Sure you killed this patient, but there will be others!" for every wrong answer.

Yes at the Spenac Academy Fasttrack Paramedic program we believe in being positive, thus there are no wrong answers.

But I will be an amazing medic. :shock: My mommy done told me so. :|

I agree weird question. But it has lots of things to distract you. In preparation for NR testing you need to be taught how to focus on what is relevant to the question and what is not needed. A question could start out with the patients name. Give you a ton of info then ask what is your patients name? So they are trying to get you to learn to actually look at what is being asked. I hope.

Now spenac, it's your program you answer the question.

"Paralysis always begins at the feet and ascends up the body causing nerve impulses to fade away, including the impulse to breath."

The patient only gets one breath?

Obviously the people responsible for typing up these questions don't believe in proofreading before they 'finalize' the question.

If that were MY site, I would at least make sure that I used spell check and the proper tense of the word...in this case; the word should have obviously been 'breathe'.