struggling to find an internship

Sorry if this post is not appropriate for this forum but if anyone can lend me a hand I would appreciate it.

I'm in CA in the bay area looking for a preceptor and need one soon! I'm 3 months out of clinicals after having 3 internships fall through due to preceptors being promoted or other random things that keep them from taking a student. I'm on the AMR list but I didn't go to NCTI so it could be a long wait. I know 3 months doesn't sound overly long to some people but if I get to 4 months my school will try and drop me from the program even though they refer to me as a "strong student".

If anyone has suggestions on how to find a preceptor or happens to know or be one in my area I would really appreciate it =)

Sorry, I can't be of any help here. But it sounds like your school has put you in a real catch 22. They can't get you a practicum, but since you don't have one you get dropped from the program.

your school really is screwing you over. It's their responsibility to find you a preceptor or is it yours?

If you want to come to Missouri and do some preceptoring, let me know. I'll put you in touch with a couple of agencies I used to work for.

What is the name of the school, maybe threaten to out them.....

This is only 1 of the MANY problems qwith these programs that say find your own clinical rotations...... not being associated with a Hosp. EMS, or FD is BAD....

Thats why I think there will be problems with that full time 3 month live in school in the mid west...

Good luck with your problem,, I for one would never just take on a student without having them properly vetted thru the system i work for.

Thanks for the offer but I've got a family here so hopefully I'll be close by when I find one.

My school actually is supposed to find me one... but twice now I've had a precptor agree to take me only to cancel at the last minute due no fault of my own. I've also been putting in work finding one myself.. I had a preceptor say they would take me then never answer my calls argh!

Sorry it's a long story I'm just very anxious now that's it's been so long!

I'll give you an internship here in the Netherlands. It's a long way, but certainly worth the journey. Let me know if you are interested.

WM