EMS in Buffalo

Need some help trying to find a really good service in Buffalo, with relation to a great hospital up there. Me and my family are moving there here in a few months, and im about to start the process of reciprocity from NC to NY. Im a medic

Unless I'm mistaken (which is entirely possible), Rural/Metro provides EMS service for the City of Buffalo as well as the City of Niagara Falls NY. and the surrounding counties.

According to their website www.ruralmetro.com , they currently have openings for 5 medics in Buffalo, although I'm can't be sure how current that information is.

Good luck with your search.

Wow...I've heard of lots of northerners moving down to the South (NC in particular) for the (supposedly) "lower" cost of living and the warm weather, but I seldom hear of people doing the opposite. I hope you like it up north. I kind of miss it myself.

Wow...I've heard of lots of northerners moving down to the South (NC in particular) for the (supposedly) "lower" cost of living and the warm weather, but I seldom hear of people doing the opposite. I hope you like it up north. I kind of miss it myself.

The food. Friends.

But mostly the food.

Can't beat it up North.

I used to live and work in Buffalo. The Buffalo/Niagara region has 2 main Ambulance companies. The 1st and biggest is Rural/Metro Medical services http://www.ruralmetrowny.com Rural Metro Western NY which covers the city of Buffalo, city of Niagara Falls, Cheektowaga, Hamburg, Orchard Park, West Seneca, Medina, etc. They have over 500 field employees. The 2nd is Twin City http://www.tcaems.com Twin City which covers Tonowanda and Amherst. I worked for Rural/Metro. it wasn't too bad.

Why do you want to relocate to Buffalo?

If you have any other questions or anything just ask or email me. I worked there for 4 years. I got my Intermediate and Paramedic there as well.

-DJ djmedic913@gmail.com

Buffalo Rural/Metro is having the same problems as Syracuse and Rochester N.Y. They run their equipment and people into the ground, and then they make excuses on why things are the way they are. When your crews are going home sick due to the amount of fumes in the patient compartments, and the ffont floors shift everytime your rig takes a turn, I think its time to invest into your equipment. Or in order to meet a city's contract requirements, Rochester Rural/Metro had to change their complete fleet due to the poor condition of their fleet, and thats sad. They're a muti-million dollar company! I support the Buffalo medics and their fight for a decent living wage and working conditions. Hopefully Twin City(Buffalo) and Monroe Ambulance (Rochester) take all of Metro's employees so that they can work for companies that will appreciate them. If you read blogs from around the country, all you hear is how the company treats its employees. They've lost contracts to cover EMS and Fire services due to poor performance and terrible equipment. In NO-WAY does this reflect on the employees, its about a poor management and greed.

Wow! Sounds horrid lol. Im heading back up that way because my wife wants to be closer to her family, who lives in hamburg. Im generally not that ecstatic about it, but, she wants it. So is it better to go with Twin City, or Rural Metro? Twin Cities pay looked HORRIBLE....And by any chance, can anyone let me know where to find a copy of ALS/BLS NYS protocols? Cant find em anywhere

Buffalo's operation is not nearly that horrible. I will admit there were times while I was there that I wasn't happy with but since I left I realized how great it was there. most of the crews there were great. I miss a lot of the people.

they currently have openings for 5 medics in Buffalo
they are always hiring

as for how to obtain protocols...BLS protocols are state wide and can get a copy from the NY state health department web site...ALS protocols are done by region...the old website for the western region was wrems.org but it appears that the page is gone. I know the state locked them out for something.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.