Anybody using Cardizem Add Vantage system?

I was just wondering if anyone is using the 100mg vials of cardizem "dry powder" that is to be used as a drip for IV bolus injections. I know the label states its not for bolus use, but I have found numerous items on websites that say they use that, mixed with 10 or 20 cc of NS to make a 10 or 5mg/cc injection bolus. If you are using it how is it working for you, any problems with it and what kind of shelf life does it have dry? ( i have heard at least a year) Obviously after reconstituting it I think the 30day period applies unless refrigerated. Let me know.

Thanks

Robert Eberhardt EMTP

We use it. Seems to work, I've given it a few times since the change over, haven't had an adverse reaction yet. Other than spilling half the bag on the floor the first time. Now I spike it with drip set. No more spill. Lesson learned. We looked into purchasing a small fridge for the rigs. That kinda got shot down for the existing rigs. However future trucks will have a small fridge built in.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.