Fla. EMT sues 911 caller over injury claims

VentMedic

Euphonisms? I think the word is actually spelled Euphemisms.

Anyway, how does the terminology of Public Service Employee, Emergency Service Employee, or Public Safety Employee strike you?

Actually, I think this discussion has already been beaten and flayed, under if we EMSers are to be categorized as "Public Safety" or "Medical", and I feel we will be arguing that for at least the next decade.

(Note how carefully I don't publicly take a side, here?)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eu Phon Ism... Eu meaning positive, phon meaning sound, and ism because that's what we put on the end of words.

So it must have sounded good? :( I personally like the word cacaphony... caca meaning... and phon meaning sound... cacapony = sounds like CRAP!

Wendy

CO EMT-B

I have not expired! Therefore, I am not outdated.

I also date! I have a "steady", and I am her "steady", but then, we're going off topic HERE.

Sorry admin I'll get back on track. :twisted:

Now what was the subject?

Euphonisms? I think the word is actually spelled Euphemisms.

Anyway, how does the terminology of Public Service Employee, Emergency Service Employee, or Public Safety Employee strike you?

Actually, I think this discussion has already been beaten and flayed, under if we EMSers are to be categorized as "Public Safety" or "Medical", and I feel we will be arguing that for at least the next decade.

(Note how carefully I don't publicly take a side, here?)

Aaaahh I knew the word didn't look quite right when i pressed "change" on the spell correct!

Servant has such a negative connotation, and I didn't become a paramedic to be called somebodys Servant. While I accept crap pay, long hours etc. etc. I do that because its a job I love not because when I was young I wanted to grow up and become some misinformed half wits Servant!!!

I don't mind what you want to call me, but don't call me a Servant!

irme said

I don't mind what you want to call me, but don't call me a Servant!

Understand I am in full "tongue in cheek" mode. You are not a servant...

You're a "Wages Slave"![/font:0f7e4b50ea](So am I!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.