EMS Week

Night crews always get the short end. Like mentioned before, the cold food, clean up detail etc.

I did have one area where Baskin Robbins gave free ice cream for the week, the ER doc put out a big spread for everyone. The company gave away some type of swag.

Even a company BBQ was held.

The thing is everyone else is brought into the fold, nurses, police, fire, ER staff. Now I know they are a part of EMS as a whole, but they get their own week and recognition. I mean isn't every week FF week?

The public awareness aspect always makes me scratch my head as well. That should be an ongoing thing and not made the focus during EMS Week.

I wonder if we just cant have one week were we can get some attention and recognition, without sharing it with everyone else just to get the funding to hold a dinner, BBQ or penlight giveaway.

But then I guess most of us in this field don't do it for the recognition. If it was for the glory, money or fame, we would be someplace else.

Maybe we should take EMS Week and use it to just remind ourselves why we do what we do with each patient we treat that week. With each response, each transport and flight.

==============================================================

Just as an FYI - I have a EMS Week Sweepstakes going on. Nothing fancy, but just a little something for us.

http://ems-safety.com/emsweek2008.htm

Jim

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.