My First Code

My mistake. I didn't look close enough at your links.

The problem is, you did not post linkable images. If it doesn't end with .jpg or .gif, it cannot be hot-linked to show up. You have to go back to Photobucket and get the DIRECT link to the photo itself. Too late for this one, but just for future reference. Sorry for the confusion.

Great stuff!

Sounds like a Mega Code I had today.

It is pretty cool to be able to understand a code from an ALS pov.

Thanks again for the info, and the strips!!

And good job!

Well, did your patient have a pulse with this rhythm? If so, I think SVT would be an appropriate interpretation. There is a lack of discernable P-waves and the tachycardia is not very rapid. QRS axis is difficult to ascertain, and R-wave progression is late in the pericardial leads which could be due to either injury or poor lead placement. Overall, in the horizontal plane it appears that the electrical activity is exciting the distal conduction tissue in a fairly normal top to bottom direction, affirming the suspicion of SVT. This is a common post-code rhythm seen induced by epinephrine. My priority would not be looking for P-waves and sinus tachycardia, it would be finding a palpable pulse to rule out PEA and keeping it that way.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.