EMT-B programs in Michigan

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect, I would hope that you reconsider this comment in terms of your emotional state at the time.

I would also like to respond to this in the most polite manner as possible, but I am struggling to keep my emotions level. I am usually a calm person, who does not show much emotion, but this just touches a nerve of mine. For one, I do NOT plan on using this as a stepping stone to medical school, nor do I intend to use it to gain leverage in medical school admittance. Surprising as it may be, I actually would like to help people in a meaningful manner, even if this says to you that I am "being a transient with no real intent of staying and making it a better place." I highly resent the fact that you assume that I will not contribute to the field of emergency medicine, as one of my long term goals is to become an ER attending. I'm not like one of those brats who takes "a silly, three-week, eighth grade level first aid course" so I can brag about it on my medical school app. In fact, I just enrolled in the LSTI EMT-B course, which is a 266 hour class that covers much of my summer. Furthermore, I feel that you are the one disrespecting me, or perhaps my eventual intended profession. Is it possible for you to accept that I want to have an impact on peoples lives, and this is the best way for me to do that at the present time? Is it a crime to want to spend time in EMS while I can? I do not intend any disrespect to the profession whatsoever by leaving, I would simply like to eventually move on to a surgical profession, and to the best of my knowledge, I cannot do this in the EMS directly (without going to medical school and becoming an ER surgeon).

I am offended by your comments and would greatly appreciate an apology. Perhaps you do not respect some doctors, or the "transient" EMTs, but I assure you that I do not fit the stereotype that you may be thinking of, although I do welcome constructive criticism.

With the greatest amount of respect,

- Sean

My comments should not offend anyone to whom they do not apply. If someone bashes crappy paramedics, I don't take offence simply because I am a paramedic. For I am not a crappy medic, and I am secure in that knowledge.

If my comments offend you, you should consider that they may well apply to you, in which case it is you who should reconsider.