EMT-B programs in Michigan

Hey everyone,

I'm hoping to get EMT-B training this summer. I will likely be living in troy michigan (Oakland county). Which is somewhat close to Detroit. I was wondering if anyone knew of any EMT-B programs offered in my area. I am hoping that I won't have to commute very far, and am currently considering programs at a local college. Anyone else know any good places in my area?

Thanks very much,

-Sean

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check with LIfe Support Training Institute (part of Community EMS) in Southfield

25400 West Eight Mile Rd.

Southfield, MI 48033

Nah, go to Superior medical education in ferndale. You will have to google them for a number though.

If I remember right, Ferndale is further out from Troy than Southfield is

How you been, sir?

If I remember right, Ferndale is further out from Troy than Southfield is

How you been, sir?

Actually Ferndale is right down 75 from Troy so it's a little closer but also LSTI has gone downhill since we worked there. SME is a little ghetto but there are good people there.

I've been good man just working my ass off between GM and the Palace

Go to the community college, so you're guaranteed college credit for your efforts. It's also likely to put you in a better position to get into their paramedic programme, which is usually quite competitive.

Go to the community college, so you're guaranteed college credit for your efforts. It's also likely to put you in a better position to get into their paramedic programme, which is usually quite competitive.

That would limit you to either KCC (kellog community college) or LCC (lansing ...)..I am not up on the basic classes in the area, but I know these two have additional paramedic and nursing programs and are a fairly well respected..I would stay away from the fire stations, hospitals, and ems agency programs. They may be good for you distance wise, but you get no credit or degree..

I have not seen a non-college based program worth a s**t in a great while..They seem to cater to fire or their own agendas, especially the private ems agency programs..

Take it for what it is worth..

Dust CC EMT and Medic programs are overrated here. Instructors are mostly fire guys. Having a degree up here only helps with a couple of depts. you're better off going to a pvt program

Okay, before I rip you wide open for what appears to be a really ignorant statement, I would like to give you the chance to repost that a little clearer. It really didn't make a lot of sense, so perhaps I misunderstood what you were saying. Would you like to try again, being a little clearer, and expanding on your opinions? You're not generally known for that kind of stupidity, so I want to give you the benefit of the doubt.

OK Dust first I could give a damn if you rip me or not. You are an internet bully and will tear to pieces anything you don't agree with. Second if you want to be a paramedic in this area a degree doesn't mean a lot. Only 2 or 3 out of 60 or so ALS fire depts require a degree. Private ambulance could care less if you have a degree. There is only 1 third service in the metro area and they don't require one. As for the CC's vs private schools. the 3 local CC's have mostly FD instructors that have a lower pass rate on the NREMT test than the Pvt schools.