Info on AMR

mshow00

Mmmmm.. easy to be on the outside looking in unless your employed by said company.

Love my job, and there is a wealth of thing's that can be improved, AMR put's food on my table feed's my kid's and pay's my bill's, doesn't mean that I'm happy with the way the company is run from a employee's perspective. I won't even bother to get into company profit and billing and so on... that's not my realm, I'm a paramedic... period, and the trend seem's to be leaning toward senior , experienced health care provider's leaving for greener pastures.

So the short of it... AMR westcoast/midwest...yes

AMR east coast ...No

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all seriousness, were you complaining about unfair wage vs. company profit, or about having to do billing period?

Wendy

CO EMT-B

I don't mind getting billing info...that's really about as hard as asking for an insurance card, and our hospitals usually get it anyway and it all comes out on a nice pretty face sheet. What I'm saying is I don't like having to do training about things that I'm not involved in every year. It wouldn't be bad if we had training on it once when we got hired just so they can say they explained it to us, but its the same thing every year. And it really isn't that bad when you think about it, but at the time, when you HAVE to get pulled off your shift to complete it, it's a pain.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to have to correct aryan on a few points knowing first hand about San Joaquin County and why it is the way it is. Originally their were two private companies plus the fire department all doing transport and response. The EMS Authority wanted a singular agency and AMR was selected after a bid. The ONLY reason their are new "toys" in that county is because it was mandated in the bid that any ambulance and it's supplies (monitors, gurneys, bags, etc) that will be a system designated car (911 cars) must all be new. Believe me when I say had it not been in required by the EMS agency they'd still be using LP10's! I give credit to that EMS agency, they have "balls" and are not afraid of using them. Now about the county in general. The street people are good people, for the most part. As with any operations their are those that tend to have a large chip on their shoulder and that will never change. The management is something else and I'll leave it at that. They will hire just about anyone and their more apt to fire the good people then the losers, I've seen it too many times which is why I left. I did, however, come back in another operation and love it so I'm not going to bash AMR, you get out of them what you put into them. This company has done a ton for me, and taught me a lot of life lessons. Personally I've grown leaps and bounds and I atribuite that to the people I used to work with. So I know aryan that you're somewhat new to that county (I was their for a few years) and I do hope you enjoy your experience.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.