using a bvm on a conscious pt.?

jbullfrog09

For some, that will be the closest they will get to a Barry U education.

I'm sure that the 4 year undergrad Barry U students are willing to admit the 4 month basic students to the cool kids club (I'm looking at you, you "I graduated from UCLA, UCLA's EMT-B program" people).

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is getting way to technical for a basic provider, hopefully you have the ability to monitor your pts SpO2 and was it adequite. if it was then your patient is oxygenating, just because you sat him up, if he is not lethargic of acting tired than he is probably not hypercarbic which means that he is ventilating well. the other thing to take out of this is that with your CHF pt the reason for any of these interventions, ie cpap, bipap, ETT, are all to decrease your pt work of breathing, was your patient working to breath or was he just breathing fast, go back to the basics was he using acc muscles, if you do have to vent a pt with CHF though one trick is to not let the bag fill completely, keep a dimple the size in it with your finger, tis will allow you to feel when your pt is breathing and at that rate, sqeeze the bag every other time that he breaths, this is also called track venting, and it is very effective.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.