I win

Lucky~13

Got dispatched last week priority 1 (lights and sirens) to a 73 y/o female with difficulty breathing.

Arrived to find pt at a group home, where the pt had ZERO signs of difficulty breathing but the group home "attendants" were unable to obtain a temperature. Apparently this malady required ambulance transport to the hospital.

So, do I win the award for dumbest reason to transport ever?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmm....I'm not sure....there's a loooot of stories out there.

Our company transported for a "bad dream"...more than once.

I was forced to transport for "no complaint. Would like ride to hospital ER for an upcoming urgent, but non-emergent leg surgery".

As well as "it's cold outside".

Dear SNFs and assisted living facilities. If you're going to call us for a transport for your patient who slipped and fell, please do not move the patient unless you absolutly have too. Mind you, it does save us a lot of work because the majority of what we would do becomes just about useless if the patient moves alot, but this is against current patient care standards.

Love,

JPINFV.

PS Your 65 year old resident who is A/O x4, remembers the slip completely, and is now sitting in the dinning room enjoying dinner with her friends probably does not need to visit the ER.

I am sorry guys but I am gonna win this one.......from the other side of the coin though...I had to call 911 for a resident to wanted to go to ER because God was meeting her there. She is nuts yes ...but listed as her own resposible party so guess what ....she went.

terr

I am sorry guys but I am gonna win this one.......from the other side of the coin though...I had to call 911 for a resident to wanted to go to ER because God was meeting her there.

"Sorry to burst your bubble ma'am, but god isn't meeting you at the hospital. His real name's mike and he's on the ALS intercept coming to meet us." - ZING!

And I guess you win! :lol: Oh well, my career's still young. I'll win this contest someday. 8)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.