Chest pain or something else???

brock8024

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go ahead and finish the chest pain protocol, simply because I'm not qualified to rule out cardiac etiology in the field (or so I've been told so). But like ccmedic, I was thinking costochondritis.

Does the neck swelling seem like swollen lymph nodes or really goiter type swelling? Ask her and husband if it's normal. If not, how long has it been that way. Any pain? Temperature problems? Feeling ill? Skin signs normal, right?

I'd go ahead and finish the chest pain protocol, simply because I'm not qualified to rule out cardiac etiology in the field (or so I've been told so). But like ccmedic, I was thinking costochondritis.

Does the neck swelling seem like swollen lymph nodes or really goiter type swelling? Ask her and husband if it's normal. If not, how long has it been that way. Any pain? Temperature problems? Feeling ill? Skin signs normal, right?

It is actually looks like a normal neck for a person that is overweight. you palpate and feels a little firm. Pt feels alittle warm to touch. Pt states that she has felt ill due to the abscess. When she finally does talk to you in the back of the truck you notice her wiping her mouth alot.

she taking any cholinergics, by chance 8) .....I doubt it is cardiac, but I could be wrong...happens all the time..Absolutely NO thyroid Hx??..I guess GERD would be possible??

she taking any cholinergics, by chance 8) .....I doubt it is cardiac, but I could be wrong...happens all the time..Absolutely NO thyroid Hx??..I guess GERD would be possible??

No hx of thyroid problems. She has no N/V/D.