EMS texts

Hi Gang;

I thought this would be the best place for this discussion.

I am an EMS Instructor and we are reviewing the various EMS Texts out there. I am interested in what present and past EMS students thing of the texts they are using or have used in the past. I am mainly interested in the main texts, but if you wish to give comments on other books, A&P, Medical Terminology, that you have used during your EMS education please feel free to do so.

If you are going to comment on a particular book please give pros, cons and the name and publisher of the text in question. I look forward to the comments.

Owley

Ian

I'll have to get back to you..I don't have my book with me, but in a nutshell - it's called EMT Complete or something like that, but we called it "Incomplete." It's got a workbook integrated into the text, which the powers that be thought they'd like rather than handing out two of their own workbooks; but it turned out to be so lacking in depth of information that they augmented often from an older text. They also taught using older PowerPoint slides because of the lack of depth of information with this book and related instructional materials.