Contracts

wgmedic

• 1 month later...
Can you explain more? Maybe it's just me and this long day but I'm not 100% sure what you mean. Sorry.

It is common -- especially in urban areas, with many private surfaces competing for business -- for services to establish contractually exclusive relationships with nursing facilities. It has some benefits to both parties. The ambulance provider gets a reliable stream of paying jobs, and the facility gets preferential service, like quicker, guaranteed responses. On the other hand, some have found it to be counterproductive. Once you establish a "contract", you establish a bit of an adversarial relationship on some level, where each starts thinking more about the paper than the service, building resentment. When you promise the facility preferential service, you had better deliver, or they are going to be more pissed off than if you hadn't established that contract. And if one of their new nurses calls another company, what can you really do about it without looking like a dick? Probably a better solution is to simply concentrate on customer service and public relations with those facilities, to where you are the clear choice for them, regardless of contract. It's always better to get business because people WANT to call you, instead of because they HAVE to call you. If you are confident in your service and your people, that shouldn't usually be a problem.

Sorry I don't have anything to offer you in response to your question, man, but good luck!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.