Help, he's fallen

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dust - why do you disagree with the fluid?

For the same reason I disagree with the MAST. It promotes exsanguination and offers the patient no benefits. Establishing lines? Sure! Top of the list! But "pumping him full" of crystalloid fluids, washing out his clots, filing up his thorax, and diluting his remaining haemoglobin is not anything I want to do unless I'm just wanting to punish him for his stupidity.

You are the only ambulance in a rural area of about 1500 square miles.

You get a call of a man who has fallen over 200 feet down a cliff and hill.

The scene is supposedly 4 miles into rough terrain and it's 11pm at night

There is one person who meets you where he called you which is a convenience store about 4 miles from the scene but this person does not remember how he got to the store due to alcohol being involved.

What do you do?

I'll check back on this later today, I've got shopping to do with my wife (OH JOY)

Tell dispatch to clear the unit unable to locate, have FD advise EMS if the person has been located. Being the only unit within 1500 miles, you can't just go find a needle in a hay stack if you got someone else with chest pain, (a situation where treatment can have a good outcome). And if FD is able to locate some drunk and he is still alive, I would want to be his best friend.