Why does it have to be that way

strippel

My practical testing was a long road.

I would like to thank my instructors and preceptors.

I would also like to thank the evaluators who made me feel relaxed, and allowed my process to go smoothly. One is 'Doc' from Harrisburg. I wish I remember the name of the other. She is a tall Black woman from the Delaware County, PA area, who was a manager of a service there. She was very personable, and easy to work with, without her breaking any NREMT rules.

On the other hand, I did meet a few evaluators I would be glad not to see again. One screamed at me during my station. I don't know why, I don't remember doing anything to upset him. I thought I was in the military. Others would constantly 'sigh' loudly, tap their watch or pen loudly for the duration of the station. One threw down the evaluation papers, rolled his eyes, and then waved his hands rapidly to get me to hurry. I was well within the time allotted. I did pass his station. Luckily, these evaluators are not from my area.

I did file a grievance on the guy who yelled, but they decided nothing was improper.

Jeeze how utterly "special"....

If that's how they treat a candidate testing, how do they treat patients? :D

Wendy

CO EMT-B

I did file a grievance on the guy who yelled, but they decided nothing was improper.

Who is "they"? Did you file it with NR HQ in Ohio, or just with the local rep?

I've had the same experience with the NR process, as well as with them failing to look into problems and/or denying problems. To maintain any credibility, they really do need to establish a clearer, more professional process of dispute resolution, as well as making sure that each student is clearly aware of that process. Right now, it is just way too subjective and there is nothing but apathy from NR on the subject.

• 1 month later...