Anyone have experience/knowledge of Training Division.com

bridge876

Don't worry too much. My EMT school was crap in many ways. I make up for it by reading on my own and reading through EMTCity and taking additional courses. Hopefully paramedic school can help me wipe the slate clean.

Don't worry too much. My EMT school was crap in many ways. I make up for it by reading on my own and reading through EMTCity and taking additional courses. Hopefully paramedic school can help me wipe the slate clean.

Good point.

Any school is what YOU make of it. Especially in self-study. But it is a lot harder in self-study, because there is nobody there pushing you to excel. Few people even complete most self-study programmes of study because they don't have the self-discipline. And few of those who do complete it make a serious effort to go above and beyond, to push to learn more and learn better. They just complete the lesson plan like a race, and are satisfied with simply being finished, regardless of what they learned. It takes maturity, drive, and discipline to pull real educational value out of that kind of set-up. Like Anthony said, if you are that kind of person, then you have the potential to make up for those shortcomings in the future. You're not one of those lazy kids. You have some maturity and life experience going for you, so use it to your advantage. Just remember, what you get out of that course is the very rock bottom minimum necessary to be eligible to test. That is a far, far cry from meaning you learned enough to be a good EMT, so push yourself! Demand more from your instructors! Don't go along with the crowd at this "boot camp" and just do the minimum asked of you. Excel! Even if you pass a skill check, if you aren't 110 percent comfortable and confident with it, ask for more practice!

Once you get out of there, the best thing you can do is to keep the momentum going. Don't stop. Don't pause. Don't wonder what to do next. Just immediately enrol into college A&P and the other classes that prepare you to be a good EMS provider, and get into paramedic school at the earliest opportunity.

Self study as Dust mentioned is tough. My advise is get several EMT books and study them all. Do not just settle for what one tells you. Each book will explain things in different ways. It also seems each writer emphasis something different from the others. This advice also applys if you go traditional school if you truly want an education.

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old post but , txkat , let me know how you made out in their boot camp.

I'd like to hear from TxKat too. Her and I had some discussion afterwards, but not through to completion.

I learned after this thread, and discussed it somewhere else on the forum, that I was mistaken in my original post. I confused Hill College with Navarro College, which are in the same area. Navarro College is the one that sucked. Hill College -- which runs TrainingDivision -- is from all reports a pretty good programme. My apologies for the mistake.

I still maintain that any external programme has a lesser chance of giving you a complete education all around. However, as emphasised earlier, so long as you go in with a mature commitment to excellence, and not just fulfilling the basic requirements for graduation, then you have a decent shot at competency.