Anyone have experience/knowledge of Training Division.com

bridge876

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good luck. I have a feeling you are going to need it.

Two years ago, I sat in with a weekend long test-prep session for a bunch of their (Hill College) new paramedic grads who had already failed NR once or twice. And I do mean a BUNCH of them. I was absolutely shocked at how clueless every one of them was about even the most basic concepts. Now granted, this was a medic class, and not an EMT class. But do the math. If they can't turn out a decent medic in a year of full time, in-class educational effort, then the chances that they turn out a competent EMT by e-mail are slim to none.

And, of course, the whole thing is run by firemonkeys, with a firemonkey "academy" mentality, instead of an actual medical educational focus. Most everybody in the classes I saw were vollies and FD wannabes who weren't interested in learning anything more than how to pass the test so they could get into the fire academy. Consequently, they dumb the curriculum down to that lowest common denominator.

Yeah, if you're really mature and disciplined enough to successfully commit and concentrate on an online curriculum (few people are), and can then get down to BF Egypt, Texas to do your clinicals and labs, you can get a patch out of this, and probably even a job. But no, from what I know of this deal, I certainly wouldn't recommend it as a good way to go.

Good luck. I have a feeling you are going to need it.

Two years ago, I sat in with a weekend long test-prep session for a bunch of their (Hill College) new paramedic grads who had already failed NR once or twice. And I do mean a BUNCH of them. I was absolutely shocked at how clueless every one of them was about even the most basic concepts. Now granted, this was a medic class, and not an EMT class. But do the math. If they can't turn out a decent medic in a year of full time, in-class educational effort, then the chances that they turn out a competent EMT by e-mail are slim to none.

And, of course, the whole thing is run by firemonkeys, with a firemonkey "academy" mentality, instead of an actual medical educational focus. Most everybody in the classes I saw were vollies and FD wannabes who weren't interested in learning anything more than how to pass the test so they could get into the fire academy. Consequently, they dumb the curriculum down to that lowest common denominator.

Yeah, if you're really mature and disciplined enough to successfully commit and concentrate on an online curriculum (few people are), and can then get down to BF Egypt, Texas to do your clinicals and labs, you can get a patch out of this, and probably even a job. But no, from what I know of this deal, I certainly wouldn't recommend it as a good way to go.

Oh GREAT. Well, I am a pretty good student, so I hope that will help me. I guess I'll find out in March. That's a pretty disappointing testimony. I will be taking my Paramedic course through another school.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh GREAT. Well, I am a pretty good student, so I hope that will help me. I guess I'll find out in March. That's a pretty disappointing testimony. I will be taking my Paramedic course through another school.

Remember that EMT is a foundation for Paramedic school. If your foundation sucks, it seriously detracts from your paramedic school experience, no matter how good of a student you are. I watched their EMT class there. Instructors were nowhere to be found most of the time. Students were running skills practice sessions by themselves, aimlessly carrying people around on backboards throughout the campus for no reason other than it entertained them. It was just an amazingly bad school all the way around. One instructor who seemed to be pretty sharp came in to lecture the flunkees, but most of the classroom of retards ignored him, preferring to doodle on the desks or flirt with the pimple faced fat chicks in there. It's really no wonder they had flunked NR twice already. Never heard anything good about that school from anybody else either, including those who evaluate the school for certain agencies.

I wish much luck to anybody who attempts it, but if you're smart, you'll find out what their completion rate and NR pass rate is before you write a cheque. I'm betting that a lot never even finish, because learning this kind of thing online, with no background or foundation, is next to impossible for the average EMS wannabe.