Watch out for stowaways !

certguy

4 or 5 years ago my wife and I had just bought an old no frills 15 ft. camp trailer from a friend . This was it's maiden voyage with us . Just prior to hooking up the trailer I loaded the jeep with firewood . We were going to the high Sierras and it got cold at night even in summer . Even though we left in the morning , it was already getting hot , so I was wearing shorts . We were driving through downtown Bishop ( very popular tourist town ) and it was packed . Wall to wall traffic , nowhere to pull over , pedestrians walking out in front of you , you get the idea . Suddenly , I felt the wierd sensation of something crawling up my leg . :shock: I looked down and saw about 2 inches of reptilian head about 2 inches from my groin :shock: :shock: I'm thinking SNAKE !!!!! I couldn't stop . I had a semi riding my backside and nowhere to pull over . I could feel the tail way down by my ankle . Not wanting to panic my wife and son while trying not to panic myself , my mind's going a mile a minute . I REALLY didn't want to get bit there . Finally , I thought this is either going to be real bad or real good and reached down and grabbed the critter . To my relief , I pulled up the biggest blue - bellied lizard I'd ever seen . At this point , my wife did panic and grabbed the wheel from her side while yelling " CAR ! CAR ! Jeep and trailer were all over the road for a few seconds . My son was telling me to get rid of the critter and I was telling him " No way , CHP'll never believe what caused the accident if I do . " To this day I'm amazed we didn't hit anything . I handed the lizard back to my son , who proceeded to find out if it could fly . It couldn't . Moral of the story ; check your firewood for stowaways !

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.