• Create Account
Current Chat Room Users
0 users are in Main Room:

Did you know it is free to become a member?  Just click "Create Account" on the top right of this page.

Photo

Remote Industrial Medics

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Arctickat

Arctickat
  • EMT City Sponsor
  • 1,889 posts
  • Interests:SCUBA, Flying
Excellent

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:11 AM

Hey Gang;

I've been offered an opportunity to make a presentation to a mining consortium for the provision of medical personnel to the mines in the area. Problem is, this is unexplored territory for me. Last time I did anything like this was as an employee, 25 years ago.

For those of you who are involved in the industrial medical aspect, how do things work for you? Who provides housing, the mine? Your company? How about transportation? Any special benefits? Perks?

I expect that my proposal is going to involve a basic service at a base price with customization options available, each at an extra cost.

Any advice from someone with experience in this would be a great help.

#2 BEorP

BEorP
  • Elite Members
  • 845 posts
Good

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:01 AM

Sorry I can't help you with any of your questions, but I just wanted to say that you should keep us updated on whether you end up getting a contract and are looking for paramedics! Good luck!

#3 Arctickat

Arctickat
  • EMT City Sponsor
  • 1,889 posts
Excellent

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:16 AM

I should mention as well that the mines are remote and the shift would be something along the lines of 7 on 24 hour call 7 off in the middle of nowhere. Bright side is that the high end of my proposal includes a Helicopter. :)

#4 rock_shoes

rock_shoes

Alta. EMT-P/BC ACP

• Elite Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Interests:Paramedicine, Climbing (rock,ice,alpine), Mountain Biking, Photography, Music
Good

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:48 AM

I should mention as well that the mines are remote and the shift would be something along the lines of 7 on 24 hour call 7 off in the middle of nowhere. Bright side is that the high end of my proposal includes a Helicopter. :)

You need to talk to Squint.

Last time I provided private ALS coverage I was making $625/day based on a 12 hour day. 24 hour a day coverage would obviously require a commiserate increase in compensation.

Are you looking at an expanded scope situation? IE suturing, antibiotics etc. with telemedicine available.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

#5 Arctickat

Arctickat
  • EMT City Sponsor
  • 1,889 posts
Excellent

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

Unfortunately our college won't allow an increase in scope like this, Fortunately they are looking at an overall scope review to match the NOCPs closer. I'll give Wilf a call.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users