Veteran Firefighter Resigns after Facebook Post

News

Yah, well; on the one hand I think people do post inappropriate stuff on FB all the time. Not necessarily things that are incorrect or even "bad" just things that you probably shouldn't say to your coworkers, colleagues, family members, neighbors, everyone you know the planet, etc. My FB is blank except to friends and even so I rarely post a status update or comment, and even then only after careful proofreading. Frankly, I hate facebook. If it weren't for the fact that everyone I know relies on the stupid site to manage pretty much all social situations I'd delete my account. I have done just that twice before and each time it was a huge pain. FB has, to a large extent, replaced actual human interaction for a lot of people. Be careful. Big brother is watching, and he's everyone you know, or have known, or may know, or who knows you. But hey, enjoy that Farmville and whatnot. :)

In fairness, I have to admit that FB has a huge upside for folks who are overseas or simply not close enough to their loved ones to interact regularly. It lets people in that predicament feel some inclusion into the daily lives of their family and friends. I wish that firefighter luck. A lot of people have had their lives turned upside down based on a single decision. Not even a bad decision sometimes. Such is life.

I believe he posted identifiable patient, no pt names, but information nonetheless, on Facebook and that's what got him into trouble

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.