Did you know about First Responders Financial?

Icecuban

Ducks & covers...

Seriously though...I've seen cc's with fire dept logos on them before. Depends on what bank you get your card through, I suppose. However, I've yet to see a card strictly geared towards EMT's/Paramedics, or EMS in general.

I suppose that card is OK. Myself, I don't want anything with a maltese cross on it...I don't care WHAT it is.

Ask those guys in NYC. FD doesn't even want them in the fire stations, but we'll share a credit card with ya! I dunno if that company is going to get much business. IMHO, there's too little personalization.

As far as their claim of, "It's not just a credit card. It's a badge. The card that let's everyone know you're a first responder...and proud of it." This feels like the same thing ordering an actual badge for yourself, although your department doesn't even issue badges. Why would I care if the cashier at WalMart knows if I'm a 1st Responder** or not. If I'm in civilian clothes, then I'm off duty. I don't care to announce to anyone I'm in EMS. If I'm in uniform, then the cashier will probably already have a clue, as will anyone who lays eyes on me.

This feels like a moneymaking scheme...to lure folks to their financial company.

Not busting you for the informative post, by any means. Thanks for the info. Maybe it'll interest some folks.

**First Responder? Is that supposed to be an all-encompassing title? I don't first respond to anything...except breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.