LinkedIn.com ?

AnthonyM83

I was just wondering if any other people were on http://www.linkedin.com/

It's basically a professional website for resumes and recommendations/endorsements from supervisors and coworkers. Employers can scan through potential applicants and extend offers or you could network with others in the field. You have access to people your friend are connected to, as well.

My roommate told me about it (many people from his non-EMS work regularly receive work offers through there). Employers on the site include larger ambulance companies like AMR and many hospitals. Just thought I'd share.

(BTW, It's generally free, unless you're an employer. No referral bonuses or anything like that.)

Well I personally never used it. But I have stories about spam on it. So Buyer beware.

*Anthony has a roommate :?: :?: :shock: :shock: *

I've also been on it for more than 2 years and have recieved 0 spam.

you have to be careful about contacting people you don't really know and asking them to be on your linkd in list. If you get too many "I don't know this person" marks then you could be cancelled or removed from the service.

I think that is where the spam is filtered out. Get enough people say they don't know you and you can be out.

Does the service offer a free level and a paid level? I have not used that site but I have used others where if you pay you do not get ads or spam, while if you sign up for the free service you agree to recieving mail from the sponsors which is everyone it seems.

No it's free. I never get unwanted emails. When I mentioned spam above I meant

from other people on the site that will ask me to join their network but have nothing to do with EMS and are usually work at home ops.

However, I will say that those types of emails are very low. I usually just ignore them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.