Becomming an instructor?

KMAC

Ok so ive been doing this whole EMS thing for a while now. I feel I have a strong base of knowledge in the field. I teach many many people as it is, the chief likes to put new people with me constantly. So I figure, if I do it so much, why not do it more? The question is, how do I become an instructor in the state of new jersy?

• Minimum 3 years as an EMT-Basic

• Approximately 60 hours of work as an Instructor Aide at an approved Training Center

• Recommendation from an approved EMT Training Center, Application, EMS (and other relevant experience) resume and two personal recommendation letters

• Successfully complete the Instructor Screening process (interview, assessment, mini presentation, written test)

• Attendance at the NJ DOH Instructor Training Institute ( 2 full weekends, course given 1 x per year)

• Another 60 hours of monitored training at an approved EMT Training Center.

If you had a good experience at the training center where you took your class, go there and talk to the coordinator. If you know of another training center in your area that you think does "the best job" around with their training, go there instead.