Nova Scotia Medics

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Went to Holland College, PEI for EMT.............in 1990 now PCP, Davenport Universiy in 95 for EMT-P and refreshed Atlantic Paramedic Academy in Moncton NB for ACP.

Where u a medic in Amherst.........george nbbi

Never a medic, but have considered it. Was a fire fighter there for a couple of years. Got my PCP a couple of years ago, looking into my ACP soon not sure if ACP or Alberta or even Holland College. Used to work for The Costin clan, so you can imagine what that might have entailed.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to butt in on you folks as you connect with each other but it seemed like a great way for me to catch a bunch of you.

I'm an EMT in Alberta and am heading to Nova Scotia in a couple weeks in hopes of finding out more about NS EMS... I've gone through the EHS site and all but always find it's more effective to see what it's really like by meeting with practitioners in the area. If you're on the Canadian Paramedic Web you've likely seen me posting there...I've been a bit busy with school and work and such that I've been pretty non existent here for a while now.

I don't have specific questions at this point, but rather hope to get contacts so that I can meet with folks when I arrive. A visit at the stations... a tour... heck I'd even take a ride along if I could swing it.. or even just a pint to talk shop.

Never been east of Ontario...from the Peg originally....always wanted to check out the true East so no matter what I'm looking forward to the trip (Sept 19-26). PM me if you want.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.